Blount County's highly skilled workforce, excellent quality of life, improvements in transportation infrastructure and access to major cities and metropolitan areas make it an attractive option for new and expanding businesses.
- Part of Alabama’s largest population and transportation center of metropolitan Birmingham
- Transportation network including interstates and an international airport
- 50 mile radius of Oneonta encompasses 24% of Alabama’s total population
- Trade, transportation & utilities and manufacturing sector are two largest private sectors and account for 36% of total private sector jobs
- Civilian labor force of almost 26,000
- Highly skilled, educated workforce
- Responsive leadership committed to growth
- Access to excellent education systems
- Low crime rate
- Excellent quality of life and above state average median income
- Low cost of living
Blount County Resources:
Incentive programs for financing new businesses and business expansions are available including, the state’s income tax credit incentive plan. In addition to the economic development resources referenced below, the team at Blount County EDC can provide custom reports with demographics and statistics to businesses and site selectors looking to expand or locate within our county.
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Economic Development Association of Alabama (EDAA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Industrial Relations
You are a wanted and welcome addition to our business community. Contact the Blount County EDC and explore the resources throughout this site to learn more about our beautiful county.